The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!
The Epic Delve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi hi hi
Ban Appeal EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 pm by Kelseyb

» Buttz
Ban Appeal EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 pm by vsadesmond

» In the olden days
Ban Appeal EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:58 pm by vsadesmond

» Sprite pictures
Ban Appeal EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm by davetazman

» I have a bit of a confession
Ban Appeal EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:23 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic tale of a Delver
Ban Appeal EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm by bono364

» Server Down?
Ban Appeal EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm by lboy777

» Server Theme for November/December: CLASSIC!
Ban Appeal EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic Delve Teamspeak Server
Ban Appeal EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am by TheChrisHill

Top posting users this week
No user

Ban Appeal

2 posters

Go down

Ban Appeal Empty Ban Appeal

Post by CreatorWorks1987 Tue May 24, 2011 11:08 pm

So, I just found out through TwentyDragon that I have been banned for apparent griefing. Embarassed I wasn't intending to grief, and I'd like to explain what happened.

Everyone else had logged off and I was just exploring. I came upon a subway tunnel that looked interesting. I pushed the button to lower the turnstile, it charged me 5, and I was inside. I looked around, it was nifty, I rode the minecart and it was awesome! I rode it a few more times like a rollercoaster, just 'cuz it was fun. At one point, it seemed to glitch, and wouldn't dispense a cart. I pushed the button a bunch of times to see if that would jump-start it, and suddenly a whole ton of carts dropped out all at once. It was probably lag. I didn't realize that removed anything, I thought the thing was generating them, so it didn't occur to me to tell anybody; I didn't think anything had been done.

Later, I found an iron door. I was curious what was behind it, so I tried to open it. It wouldn't open. I hadn't yet learned that iron doors need a mechanism to open, I've only had the game a few days, so I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or what, but I figured I would take it down and put it back up when I left. Only I didn't have a tool, and I didn't know that harvesting with bare hands just destroys. I was the only one online at the time (at least as far as I know), and by the time someone else came on I had forgotten about it, so it went unreported.

I am very sorry for any damage I've done, and I would love to repay or repair it if possible, though I'm not sure how. But I would like it known that it was an honest mistake by a newbie exploring, not intentional griefing by any means. If that still gets me banned, then I'll accept the decision of the admins.

Apologetically,
--CreatorWorks1987

CreatorWorks1987

Rep : 4725

Back to top Go down

Ban Appeal Empty Re: Ban Appeal

Post by TheChrisHill Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 am

Fair enough. I was just wanting to know what happened. From now on, if you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask an admin or someone who's been around for a while.

Unbanned
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Rep : 6267

http://www.TheEpicDelve.com

Back to top Go down