The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!
The Epic Delve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi hi hi
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 pm by Kelseyb

» Buttz
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 pm by vsadesmond

» In the olden days
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:58 pm by vsadesmond

» Sprite pictures
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm by davetazman

» I have a bit of a confession
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:23 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic tale of a Delver
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm by bono364

» Server Down?
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm by lboy777

» Server Theme for November/December: CLASSIC!
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic Delve Teamspeak Server
This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am by TheChrisHill

Top posting users this week
No user

This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update!

+5
Salfa_romeaab
Kelseyb
dcwarrior32
Judgejudy411
TheChrisHill
9 posters

Go down

This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! Empty This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update!

Post by TheChrisHill Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:48 pm

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/110-18-updates-game-modes-smp/

Creative mode with integrated fly mode? yes please. NOW do you guys who want classic back believe me that classic is dead?
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Rep : 6290

http://www.TheEpicDelve.com

Back to top Go down

This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! Empty Re: This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update!

Post by Judgejudy411 Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:13 pm

I don't believe you still... Troll... Smile

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Rep : 5200

Back to top Go down

This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! Empty Re: This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update!

Post by TheChrisHill Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 pm

I just hope you're not waiting for TED classic to come back.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Rep : 6290

http://www.TheEpicDelve.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dcwarrior32 Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 pm

i am i will wait a million bajillion years, yeah its a number
dcwarrior32
dcwarrior32
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5023

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:56 am

I'm obv still waiting, why you think I'm still here... Jk

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelseyb Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:03 pm

its not coming back. we weren't kidding about that. If you want to continue playing TED minecraft...you will need to buy beta.
Kelseyb
Kelseyb
Owner
Owner

Rep : 5212

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Oh well this put me into an awkward postion... And yes I knew it wasn't coming back, I'm obv. Joking around I'm getting a new pc for christmas so I'm waiting until then.

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Back to top Go down

Post by Salfa_romeaab Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:16 am

sweet no judge till christmas lol Razz
Salfa_romeaab
Salfa_romeaab
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5022

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:58 am

Don't worry, I'll be on the forums. Smile

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Back to top Go down

Post by bono364 Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 pm

1.7 came out
but the adventure update is going to be the 1.8 update
bono364
bono364
Addicted
Addicted

Rep : 5067

https://theepicdelve.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manwich Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:42 pm

This was on Notch's blog, if you haven't seen it yet. It sounds quite cool Smile.
Notch wrote:The psychology of the reticle and the feeling of control

This blog post contains extensive spoilers about a new mob in the adventure update. Don’t click “read more” unless you want spoilers!

Fear is one of the easiest emotions to evoke, but doing so in a way that doesn’t frustrate or fatigue the player is more difficult. I find this fascinating. What parts of fear are fun, and what parts aren’t fun?

One of the biggest game design decisions in Minecraft is that all (well, most) negative things that affect the world or the player should happen near the player, and be clear to the player. That’s why creepers only explode near players, and that’s why fires stopped spreading indefinitely. This is somewhat related to my dislike of mazes in game design, where the player has no way of knowing or figuring out before hand what decision is the correct decision. Don’t penalize the player for things they can’t control.

Last weekend, I started working on a new mob because I was frustrated with the slow progress on some town code I was writing, and for some reason I decided to make yet another creepy one. It’s dark, it has long and narrow limbs, moves very slowly, and will pick up blocks and move them around. I wanted this to be a mob you only saw in the distance and a mob you’d be afraid of, but when I playtested it, it mostly felt like a regular zombie. There’s was a distinct mismatch between looking creepy and not actually playing creepy. When I made it move faster towards the player when attacking, and deal more damage, it got more difficult and I started respecting it, but it never felt creepy or scary.

So I thought some about what “creepy” actually is, and it’s more about trying to avoid something from happening than it is about actually having that thing happen. If you know something bad can happen if you do the wrong thing, you will start thinking about your actions, and that might make things more scary.

So I made it passive until you looked straight at it. And that was scary. Suddenly you could walk up to these looking beasts (they’re three meters tall) and watch them as they moved their blocks around, but as soon as you happened to look straight at them, they’d attack. And by “straight at them”, I mean putting the reticle on top of them. You can keep them visible on screen and actually look straight at them in real life, but as soon as your in game character looks straight at them, boom.

Still, that was more scary than creepy. It’s like a jump scare in a movie. You know it might happen at any time, and when it happens you freak out a bit. I wanted something a bit more psychological. So to really drive home the point of looking at them being bad, I made the Endermen freeze and turn towards you when you look at them. As long as you look straight at them, they stand perfectly still and look straight at you. As soon as you look away, they will run (very fast) towards you.

And they teleport. If they’re too far away to reach you in a short period of time, they will teleport about once per second. They try to make sure they always teleport to somewhere you can see, as I don’t want to confuse the player as to what is happening.

When they attack, you know it’s your fault. When you happen to look at one, you can keep looking at it to figure out how to deal with it, but you know it WILL reach you very fast once you stop looking at it.

And that, my friends, is creepy. Possibly too creepy.

and

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/156-18-updates-new-mobrevealed/
Manwich
Manwich
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5325

Back to top Go down

Post by loha96 Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:58 pm

This is why classic is obsolete. 1.8 update! Oh-my-word
loha96
loha96
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 4983

Back to top Go down

Post by aQuackingGoose Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Even though I don't have beta, that still sounds ridiculously freaky o.O
aQuackingGoose
aQuackingGoose
Been Around The Block
Been Around The Block

Rep : 4958

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down