The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!
The Epic Delve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi hi hi
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 pm by Kelseyb

» Buttz
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 pm by vsadesmond

» In the olden days
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:58 pm by vsadesmond

» Sprite pictures
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm by davetazman

» I have a bit of a confession
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:23 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic tale of a Delver
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm by bono364

» Server Down?
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm by lboy777

» Server Theme for November/December: CLASSIC!
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic Delve Teamspeak Server
The Epic tale of a Delver EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am by TheChrisHill

Top posting users this week
No user

The Epic tale of a Delver

+2
Epicgoblin
bono364
6 posters

Go down

The Epic tale of a Delver Empty The Epic tale of a Delver

Post by bono364 Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Firstly, click this:  beware! very feelings (i recommend you don't listen to the whole thing as I find parts of my soul missing by the end)

Now let me begin for real. 

I still remember the first time I logged on onto the Epic Delve classic server. I was a little boy of 12/13 trying to find something to do in my spare time. I did find something, Minecraft, or just games in general. This was going to be the first multiplayer experience (online, I do have a brother who punches me everytime I win from him at FIFA) and I was... well... shy is probably the best way to put it. I didn't really know what to expect and even if I was going to like it. I started building something and came upon another Steve and we build something together. I believe I then started  to build a jumping puzzle and a mod offered to help me put lava in. (cant really remember HER name, but believe it was sth with an N and she was a friend of Kelsey's) I, as a newbie, was thrilled such a holy being as a mod would spend time on me. I then went to another world, the world with the long walls where there were pictures made on the walls. Kelseyb actually showed me those and I was in awe of the picture with the savanna on it. (Fun fact: I actually thought Kelseyb was a man instead of a woman. I soon realized when I saw her skin though. ((You cant blame me, I was 12 or 13)) From there, I actually started to pay attention to the forums as I actually became to like it more and more. Life was good.

Then, Beta happened. Life became better, I could actually play without too much lag and I was building stuff. I found a buddy and started a house but I was still shy. I wanted to be liked by everyone and I think that's where my behaviour took a turn for the worse. (feels are real) As I said, I wanted to be liked by everyone and thought, with my young innocent brain, that if I showed I was funny and such I would be appreciated. I spammed the forums. Trying to get the 5 heads (star wars?) and thought, now they must think I am cool and was appreciated. But as I look back at my posts on this forum I see that most of it is just plain garbage and I wouldn't have posted 90% of it if I could do it again. But, I was content and left it at spamming with the Beta. I came to know most of the faces around here well during these times. (Fun fact: This easter egg was cause you kept killing me and I think I actually did think you didn't like me (when i look back at it I lol'd))

A period of silence for the time I spent playing singleplayer since Beta server got cancelled. 

Yippikayoo, Epic Delve was back bitches! And better than ever! Tekkit! I fucking loved Tekkit. I wasn't really surprised to still see familiar faces logging on and off. But, I still wanted to prove myself.   I played a lot and wanted to build all kinds of things. Things that were too big, too lag-intensive and too big. Did I already mention the things I build were too big? I think I did. Also, they were too close to other building and I also trolled with my magical super powers. Tekkit was fun, but I acted like a dick. Now, Tekkit was also the time when I joined the teamspeak channel, but was far too nervous to talk. Yeah, I actually didn't talk because I thought... don't really know what I thought... welp, probably was just insecure about my voice... I wanted to be cool for everyone... As i stated... So many dots... ANYWAYS, in the end of the Tekkit server I actually started to better my behaviour and also started to talk on TS (yay) where my mix of american english words brought much confusion. Then, Tekkit ripped in peace and I was alone again. 

Not all alone though, as my rl friend showed me another game. League of Legends. I fucking loved that as well (I just realized I'm a mainstream gamer and I'm fucking loving it) So now im addicted to lol and also played some (molten) wow during the last 1,5 year or so. I'm just getting into the Souls series as well and am actually starting to go out irl. So things are good. 

THE REASON
that I'm actually writing this is because I felt nostalgic as a pokemon yellow game on my GBC. Which is pretty nostalgic and felt like pulling up some memories as I checked TED forums after 3 or so months. The other reason is to actually thank Kelsey and Chris and Dave, especially. (and cripple, and mollimoo, and dc, and lboy, and sebga(yay nederland), and Epic, and loha, and Mcnasty, and Deimos, and Salfa, and Goose ) Everyone made this, welp, might even call it a journey, possible. I wanted to let you guys know that TED actually influenced my life quite greatly. And although it might seem my experience on the epic delve was negative, it was far from that. It was and is probably the best experience in gaming I have ever had, and for that I thank you. 

Long Live The Epic Delve
                                          Maarten 

PS: maarten is my real name
PPS: I just thought of the possibility Chris nor Kelsey nor Dave will read this but I'm pretty sure someone will (desmond, Deimos
PPPS: this will actually always be part of my youth, whether i like it or not
PPPPS: HER NAME WAS NATHALIE (nattehine) 
PPPPPS: I kinda like the way all those P's look
PPPPPPS: I actually spend waaaaay too much time on this
PPPPPPPS: let's just say i had to replay the sad piano music video 4 times. 

TLDR; this guy whines about feelings and experiences he had on some small minecraft server while you need to listen to pianos 

TLDR; TED taught me to be an internet gentleman  king 

TLDR3;  Sad 
bono364
bono364
Addicted
Addicted

Rep : 5013

https://theepicdelve.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Epic tale of a Delver Empty Re: The Epic tale of a Delver

Post by Epicgoblin Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 am

The Epic tale of a Delver 1396342532577
Epicgoblin
Epicgoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 4986

Back to top Go down

Post by davetazman Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:23 am

:-)
davetazman
davetazman
Owner
Owner

Rep : 4863

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:19 pm

:-) 
<3
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5281

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:14 pm

so does anyone still lerk here?

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Rep : 5146

Back to top Go down

Post by davetazman Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Nope! :-P
davetazman
davetazman
Owner
Owner

Rep : 4863

Back to top Go down

Post by bono364 Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Of course not, how preposterous!
bono364
bono364
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:03 am

The Epic tale of a Delver Tumblr_m3gs6oPPe21rqfhi2o1_500
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5281

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelseyb Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:23 pm

How have I never seen this?!?! This was so cute!!!

-notaman (:
Kelseyb
Kelseyb
Owner
Owner

Rep : 5158

Back to top Go down

Post by bono364 Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm

So even that nostalgic lookback is now two years ago. 

Damn.
bono364
bono364
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down