The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!
The Epic Delve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi hi hi
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 pm by Kelseyb

» Buttz
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 pm by vsadesmond

» In the olden days
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:58 pm by vsadesmond

» Sprite pictures
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm by davetazman

» I have a bit of a confession
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:23 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic tale of a Delver
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm by bono364

» Server Down?
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm by lboy777

» Server Theme for November/December: CLASSIC!
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic Delve Teamspeak Server
ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am by TheChrisHill

Top posting users this week
No user

ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside

5 posters

Go down

ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside Empty ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside

Post by TheChrisHill Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:46 am

Hey everybody! I wanted to try something new for at least a week (maybe longer if we all like it) and load up Tekkit on the server. DON'T WORRY. The normal vanilla server has been double backed up. Currently, the server is down because I was trying to load a modpack to test with but since it's a brand new modpack (Tekkit Legends) it's not quite ironed out. Tomorrow morning-ish I'll load up Tekkit on the server. It takes a little while to remove the files and load them back up and it's 3AM right now so I'm not going to fall asleep at my computer again..lol.

In the meantime, go ahead and load up Tekkit so when the time comes you can just jump in and start enjoying the craziness that is Tekkit. I would recommend starting a single player game, and having a "Tekkit Getting Started"  guide up for reference to walk you through all the mods.

Here's how to get Tekkit ready on your computer:

• Go to http://www.technicpack.net/ and download the Technic Lancher, this handles launching minecraft, installing mods and everything else.

• One you've logged in (remember, if you've migrated your account you'll need to use your mojang account info) click on "Modpacks" at the top of the window, it might be covered up with some leaves because of a new modpack they released.

• In the little search bar on the left column, type in "Tekkit"

• Click on Tekkit if it finds it and in the bottom right of the window click on "Install"

This will install the correct version of minecraft, all the mods, and put them in the folders where they need to go. Super simple.

• Once the download and installation is done, click on "Play" in the bottom right. This will launch minecraft.

Go ahead and at The Epic Delve to your multiplayer list,  you MAY need to actually use the IP instead of the domain forward. Remember, the IP is 104.219.4.203:25565 you may or may not need the ":25565" , but it's good measure.

You should be good to go!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm shooting to have Tekkit up and running by 11AM EST on Sunday (USA) . Feel free to leave any questions or comments on this post.

Last edited by TheChrisHill on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Rep : 6291

http://www.TheEpicDelve.com

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside Empty Done

Post by pj737 Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 am

I'm done with installing Tekkit.

I did not have any problems. I did have to update my java and when I first clicked play to launch the game it froze up a bit.   It then did load.

I can't currently reach the server at 11:22.  So I'm going to play some solo right now.

pj737

Rep : 3170

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside Empty Re: ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside

Post by TheChrisHill Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:23 am

I'm actually loading it up on the server now!
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside Empty Re: ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside

Post by TheChrisHill Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:35 am

It's up!
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION: It's Tekkit Week! Instructions inside Empty I'm in.

Post by pj737 Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm in, and I just got a small outpost started.  Checking it out!

pj737

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:16 pm

yay, tekkit week ! Smile
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5336

Back to top Go down

Post by TO1xy Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:28 pm

I am NOT sober enough for this tonight; dang Binary Search Trees... lolz!

*Raises stone sword* I shall try on the morrow!

drunken drunken drunken
TO1xy
TO1xy

Rep : 3195

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:30 pm

I think Will is gonna beat everybody to the moon!
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by pj737 Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Feel free to use my NASA workbench or any of the other machines I've set up in the machine shop. I also have free wool and free food. Just replant the grain seeds after you harvest food. Last night I completed building a quarry. Tonight I will fire it up and will post the location here's where you can find it. . Feel free to grab what you need from the quarry. I gave Molli and Luke a steam engine and charged battery today. So if either of you see the quarry needs power please charge it up. Matt are you sober yet to play? I really want to get to the moon, but I want everyone else to as well. The moon would be a real lonely place without you guys.

pj737

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Dang you've been busy! I hope to be playing some tonight to try and catch up. I'm assuming you're enjoying tekkit? Lol
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by pj737 Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Yea it's been fun learning about all these new mods. Lol.

I'll be playing tonight from 6pm to 8 pm. Then 9 pm to 11 pm. That's the times I normally play Monday through Friday.

pj737

Back to top Go down

Post by pj737 Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm hurting for coal. I'm just not finding enough coal in this swamp biome. I've got all the ore I need to construct a rocket. I just can't seem to get enough coal. The quarry I have operating i'm now running on charcoal and I save my coal for smelting and constructing steel ingots and operating some of my machines. Last night I mined for 30 minutes and only got 10 coal. And my quarry just is not spitting out much coal. Tonight i will have to just mine for coal and oil. I've probably had it run for 3 hrs total now and I think it's just below level 30. Il'll also put my surplus ore tonight in a marked chest outside my home next to the free food chest. For sure it will contain all the copper, tin, and iron you could possibly need for one rocket. It may not have much aluminum. How is everyone else progressing?

pj737

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:57 pm

I'd recommend constructing a nether portal and going to the nether to get buckets and buckets of lava. Your quarry will run for almost an hour on one bucket of lava. Coal is meant to get you started until you can get some lava.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by pj737 Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:51 am

That was a lot of fun getting to the moon. It was not so much fun getting stuck and dying over and over. So here are my mistakes I've learned from my first expedition to the moon.

1. Extra fuel loader- While I took fuel to the moon for the return trip. I forgot to take a fuel loader with me. With Chris help I did get a new fuel loader. But during one of my deaths I lost my only can of fuel. So I would recommend taking 3 extra cans of fuel.

2. Extra oxygen tanks- I did not realize how quickly you use up oxygen. Don't bother with making a medium or even a small oxygen tank. Next time I will take a minimum of 6 large tanks. I only took 2 large and 2 medium.

3. Oxygen collector - I know I had one. Somehow it got lost. Because of this I can't collect oxygen to produce an oxygen bubble. I would recommend taking 3.

4. Loading lava- Don't miss clicking the magma Dynamo when you load the lava.

5. Oxygen production - I went and played more in creative single player mode. I discovered you have to get the oxygen collector up to 9 before the oxygen bubble thing maker will start to work. I only took 64 leaves with me. You will need closer to 128 leaves to get to that level of oxygen production.

6. landing on the moon & spawn point- Don't bother trying to pick a landing spot on the moon. You only have a few seconds. Because I adjusted where to land, when I first died I was too far from my spawn point. I continued to die before I could get my oxygen gear back. So if possible be sure to set your spawn point at your base. I forgot to do that.

7. Multiple trips- I think I was too focussed on a single trip to the moon. I should have planed on multiple trips and designed my base in stages.

8. Take 2 diamond pick axes. I wore out one constructing my base.

All in all it was a LOT of fun. My children watched me play all week. my son was so excited to hit the space bar to launch the rocket. It was fun to bounce on the moon.

For others that make it to the moon I left glow stone torches to light the way to my base. Feel free to use anything you want there.

If anyone does get to the moon please load some fuel into my rocket. Also if you trace the glow torches away from my base if you could put some oxygen tanks, and the other things I need to breathe and a parachute in a chest, then I should be able to get to my rocket and fly back home. :-)

pj737

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:53 pm

What does everybody think of putting the server on peaceful so there's no mobs and your health regenerates? To me, modpacks are more about creating automated processes and exploring the different elements of the modpack and creating things, not really about surviving. It doesn't matter to me though, just wanted to get everybody's opinion.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelseyb Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:51 pm

yes, please
Kelseyb
Kelseyb
Owner
Owner

Rep : 5213

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:14 pm

We will be jumping over to Tekkit Legends tonight! I've been playing this for the past week and have been really enjoying it because it is much simpler to follow and way more fun with energy collectors and condensers! If you want the world file for our map I can host it so it can be downloaded. Everybody go ahead and download Tekkit Legends!
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by pj737 Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Peaceful would be great.  I thought last night it was on peaceful (Nov1st).  Molli and I were walking around on the moon at night.  Then she went through a door and then BAM I was surrounded by all types of mobs. I quickly built a little tower.  I checked off and on the server till it was daytime on the moon and managed to get back to the base.  While as exciting as that was I really did not want to loose two more rockets on the moon.  So peaceful would be nice while we explore the modpacks.

pj737

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Yep, it's been on peaceful. The Tekkit Legends modpack has been loaded up and Kelsey and I are on now!
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by pj737 Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Can we take it off peaceful soon?

I have a new mining laser I want to test on some zombies.
Also I heard another player say they needed some bones.

You may though need to give people some time to zombie proof their homes. I see few torches in use.

Last night I spent over a billion EMC in a few minutes. I used an architect work bench and made a copy of Molli's castle. I then used the template to buiild it out of red matter and diamond bllocks. Then I found out that the builder machine worked great at taking it all down. Except it could not destroy the red matter blocks.
So there is a lot of free red matter blocks south of Molli's castle if anyone needs it.

Is there any way to add in any of these modds to our main world when we load it? Or does that require a new world? My favorite modds so far is galacticraft., and thermal expansion. Neither of them are installed with Tekkit Legends. I'm starting to get the hang of buildcraft. There are still so many things I've not built yet and still have to learn to use.

Last night I also did a lot of mining with nukes. I've built now 6, thanks mostly to all that EMC I have. I've dug out a pit with 4 nukes down to level 12 in an some extreme hills biome next to my home if anyone wants to check it out.

pj737

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:02 pm

The server difficulty is now on Normal. Mobs are now roaming the land!
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down