The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!
The Epic Delve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi hi hi
"Battleground" area EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 pm by Kelseyb

» Buttz
"Battleground" area EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 pm by vsadesmond

» In the olden days
"Battleground" area EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:58 pm by vsadesmond

» Sprite pictures
"Battleground" area EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm by davetazman

» I have a bit of a confession
"Battleground" area EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:23 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic tale of a Delver
"Battleground" area EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm by bono364

» Server Down?
"Battleground" area EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm by lboy777

» Server Theme for November/December: CLASSIC!
"Battleground" area EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic Delve Teamspeak Server
"Battleground" area EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am by TheChrisHill

Top posting users this week
No user

"Battleground" area

+3
cripple156
TheChrisHill
Manwich
7 posters

Go down

"Battleground" area Empty "Battleground" area

Post by Manwich Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:04 am

Rightyo then, I know I've sort of shared this idea with a few of you already, but I thought I'd put it into writing so it could be added upon and picked apart.
So right now, as I understand it, we are going to have two areas or worlds on our beta server. One that is a creative area, where it is easy to have any material you need, you don't need to mine for hours on end and there is no immediate threat from little green hugging monsters. Obviously this is where people can easily create anything that they want, and they can zoom around to their hearts content Very Happy.
Our other area is the "survival" area where every move is to merely keep yourself alive. No blocks are easy to come by and you're gunna have to dig a nice little hole if you want to survive the night. Well that is until you slowly mine enough cobblestone to create a gigantic castle, fitted with mob killing traps and lava flows, where you can laugh at those burning spiders trying to climb your walls. It's a dog eat dog world out there Razz.
Ok so we have these two areas, they both sound fun right? But I feel that we are missing out on another side of Minecraft.
As a precautionary method, tnt assplosions and fire spreading have to be nerfed so that little house you were going to spend the night in doesn't get burnt down or blown into a crater in the ground. To those people that want to say, "We'll be alright, just undo what the griefers have done, yadda yadda", well there's always going to be griefers visiting our server, us admins and owners aren't going to be there 24/7 and we don't want to give griefers any more power than they already have.
Now this other area that we are not really "delving" into is the whole pvp side. I am sure everybody can see how many fun shenanigans could be had with this pvp gameplay, and I think that Chris has downloaded a Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag plugin for the Beta, which I don't think has any real immediate use at this moment. Well my thought is that we could add a third area or world that is for pvp and pretty much just blowing up stuff. Perhaps in this world there could be already made bases or keeps, who can have tnt wars against each other? We could use these bases as our team deathmatch and capture the flag areas, or you could just run out and lay down some traps and hope some people get blown up Smile.
Well that is just my vague idea of what could happen, I'd love some feedback from the whole community as to how you think this would work and what different methods could be tried here. Maybe some of you have played on servers that have things similar to this, if so share how they worked and what could be added and/or dropped.
Also, everybody knows that three areas MUST be better than two Surprised
-Manwich
NB: Thought of something else, perhaps when you kill another player in the battleground area, you gain money just like killing mobs in the survival area. Then this money could carry over into the survival area where you can buy some goodies pig .
Manwich
Manwich
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5315

Back to top Go down

"Battleground" area Empty Re: "Battleground" area

Post by TheChrisHill Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:08 am

I've been thinking about the best way to go at this is.

We'll probably never allow free for all place-all-you-want-tnt .. because then it becomes a server lag issue (even for the other worlds).

The WAR plugin does just about everything you said. I'm not sure if you were on mumble when I sent this link. But this gives you a pretty good idea of what it can do.

Also. With that plugin, you can create a "warzone hub" which basically places a bunch of portals in a row and you can instantly warp to each warzone , or scenario, or whatever you want to call it.

I'm still working on this plugin, the scoring on it isn't working quite right, but I'll get it down eventually.

By the way, if someone could post a link on how to set up multi-worlds that'd be great. I'm a little noobish in that area.

Linky!

TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Rep : 6280

http://www.TheEpicDelve.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manwich Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:33 am

I would watch it but I have barely any bandwidth left Razz. I believe you when you say it does that all that stuff Smile.
Manwich
Manwich
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by cripple156 Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:39 am

thats legit Very Happy so add that into the server

cripple156

Rep : 4919

Back to top Go down

Post by hkminegod Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 am

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/misc-tp-fun-multiverse-v1-6-2-netherportals-to-multiple-worlds-677.3707/
maybe this plugin will help, i dunno, just giving some ideas. maybe you can try it first and then maybe sth will happen, the you can config it by ur own.

Another thing is maybe a new folder called worlds would be created and all the worlds would be stored in there.

hkminegod
Been Around The Block
Been Around The Block

Rep : 4969

Back to top Go down

Post by bono364 Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 am

tnt is way too much in that vid
bono364
bono364
Addicted
Addicted

Rep : 5057

https://theepicdelve.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacoyu27 Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:44 am

I think this idea is pretty sweet, i bet lots of ppl lik playing pvp with other ppl.
Pacoyu27
Pacoyu27
Sponsor
Sponsor

Rep : 4829

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:09 am

I think its an awesome idea manwich but lay of the explosives a bit... as Chris said it will lag the server quite a bit and also my laptop doesn't even have enough graphical power to run beta with further render distances and HD texture packs so explosives would just make my beta life worse... other than that I like the base idea and the TDM perspective and money idea too... i'd prefer if fighting was done with swords and arrows but not to the scale of arrows i seen in the vid Chris just posted thats just ridiculous...and keeping mobs would be a sick idea as if we had a cap the flag session and beta was set to night it would make it even more interesting and challenging Smile
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5325

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacoyu27 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 am

so no tnt?
Pacoyu27
Pacoyu27
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 pm

I think yes to tnt but limit it otherwise it'll be laaaagg fest especially if ppl just lay down a shi* ton of it. lol

oh yeah an we should have flint and steels and lava
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5325

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacoyu27 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:15 pm

yea set people on fire... maybe this third area would bear some similiarities to an anarchy server...
Pacoyu27
Pacoyu27
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bono364 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:20 pm

what happened to the the warhub portal?
bono364
bono364
Addicted
Addicted

Rep : 5057

https://theepicdelve.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manwich Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 pm

This matter was decided aaaaages ago, absolutely no tnt, no fire and there's no pvp... yet.
Manwich
Manwich
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down