The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!
The Epic Delve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi hi hi
TED Beta Server Update EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 pm by Kelseyb

» Buttz
TED Beta Server Update EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 pm by vsadesmond

» In the olden days
TED Beta Server Update EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:58 pm by vsadesmond

» Sprite pictures
TED Beta Server Update EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm by davetazman

» I have a bit of a confession
TED Beta Server Update EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:23 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic tale of a Delver
TED Beta Server Update EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm by bono364

» Server Down?
TED Beta Server Update EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm by lboy777

» Server Theme for November/December: CLASSIC!
TED Beta Server Update EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic Delve Teamspeak Server
TED Beta Server Update EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am by TheChrisHill

Top posting users this week
No user

TED Beta Server Update

+3
lboy777
lo0p
TheChrisHill
7 posters

Go down

TED Beta Server Update Empty TED Beta Server Update

Post by TheChrisHill Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:04 am

I'll be applying a new update (probably #935) Tomorrow night around 9 or 10 PM EST. So if the server is down and you start freaking out, we can all point and laugh at you because you don't read the forums.

Also, we're (I am) going to be adding a ranking system to Beta based on donation Tiers. Sort of like we had with classic.. but better. The donations will count per month, so for example , if you donate 10 dollars, you get Tier 1, which may be access to commands that will allow you to lock your doors and chests. Another example , if you donate 80 dollars, you get everything in the Tiers below it, and the perk for your level. Which may include a bedrock safe that only YOU can access, so you don't have to worry about anyone taking it.. also access to other plugin commands that normal noobs can't use.

Facts:

The donations WILL be per month. Meaning you donate, then 30 days later, you must donate again to receive those perks and that Tier. (This is because all the services that we use are on a monthly basis.. it only makes sense this way)

The Tier or donation levels will no longer include items given to you. This creates an unfair advantage between you and other people.. and frankly.. I don't want you to bug me or other admins about stuff like that.. especially because things are going to get busy around here in the next few days.

Some ideas for perks are stuff like cosmetic stuff (the ability to right anything, capes.. etc), protection stuff (locking doors and chests and guarding your land) and fun stuff (ability to shoot torches to light up caves without going in them).

If there's anything you guys could have ideas for, please feel free to share.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Rep : 6274

http://www.TheEpicDelve.com

Back to top Go down

TED Beta Server Update Empty Re: TED Beta Server Update

Post by lo0p Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:08 pm

FAQ

will the players get a chance to annoy you (worlds getting wiped, chests suddenly being empty, favor/blessing gone)?

how can people like you and me donate?
what ranks can you gain from donating?
can i donate for more months (some kind of regular money transfer order)

can people play on the server without haveing to donate first?

will everyone who is already accepted on the server, stay on this (member-) rank? or will their ranks be reset to 'guest'?

who will be watching out for greifers?

will there some kind of "/zone" stuff that protects finished buildings from strangers?

will there be some kind of advertisement (e.g. on facebock) to make the server more popular?

lo0p
lo0p

Rep : 4843
Location : Awesomeville (obiously a fictional place inside my head^^)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:01 pm

lo0p wrote:FAQ

will the players get a chance to annoy you (worlds getting wiped, chests suddenly being empty, favor/blessing gone)? I'm not sure what you mean by this.. if you're asking if players can tell me about bugs and errors, then yes, of course. In fact I may make a "Bug Report" sticky on the main minecraft part of this forum so I won't be bugged. Trust me.. it's enough having the 10-20 regulars here tell me about bugs I probably already know about, I can't imagine what it'll be like after everything gets busy.

how can people like you and me donate? Through the same link as classic (official donation thread with tier explanations coming soon
what ranks can you gain from donating? They will be Tier based, you will have a prefix in front of your name, so instead of "Member" it'll be "T1" or "T4"
can i donate for more months (some kind of regular money transfer order)? If you're asking if you could set up an automatic withdraw to TED, I don't think so, just remember to renew your upgrade.

can people play on the server without haveing to donate first? Everyone will have access just like before

will everyone who is already accepted on the server, stay on this (member-) rank? or will their ranks be reset to 'guest'? Everyone's current rank will stay the same, think of this "update" as an add on to a game.

who will be watching out for greifers? Mods and Admins (yes! Mod ranks are coming!), and if they miss anything, we have a history plugin that is able to roll back to changes since the beginning of the map creation. We can figure out who did it, what they did it with, the date and time they did it, ban them, then revert their grief.

will there some kind of "/zone" stuff that protects finished buildings from strangers? One of the things you get as a higher Tiered member is the ability to protect land.

will there be some kind of advertisement (e.g. on facebock) to make the server more popular? Minecraftforums. minestatus.net , and Facebook and other outlets will know what TED is very soon. BTW! If you guys have any friends that play Minecraft or any other games, invite them to the community, word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising.

Good questions, Happy B-Day btw
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lo0p Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:09 pm

thanks Smile i spent my birthday learning for a freaking exam tomorow though :/
lo0p
lo0p

Rep : 4843
Location : Awesomeville (obiously a fictional place inside my head^^)

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:21 am

DAMN I thought by update you meant you will also be updating to 1.7 not just rank stuff.... I updated now thinking TED had FUC*.... so when will TED be updating to 1.7? and can i downgrade back to .6 so I can get back on? until you update?
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Manwich Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:38 am

You just need a Beta 1.6.6 jar file if you want to downgrade. You should be able to Google and find one.
Manwich
Manwich
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:47 am

Come on.. this isn't the first Minecraft update you've had since TED.. Everyone should know by now that the server doesn't upgrade for a few days to a week or two because when minecraft updates, ALLLLL of the plugins we use have to also update.. and compared to other servers... we use a lot of plugins.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:17 am

this is my first TED update actually since i got Beta !! lolbut i remember on the forums before i got beta when .6 came out it took you like 2 weeks to update it cus of bugs etc
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by dcwarrior32 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:24 am

Will the mod's be picked similar to they were in classic or will it be a donator thing?
dcwarrior32
dcwarrior32
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5007

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:57 am

mods and admins will NEVER be decided by who has donated.

Mods are people who are mature, have been around, know the server rules, have never given much trouble, are on teamspeak, and own the game they're considering being a mod or admin in.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by davetazman Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:16 am

TheChrisHill wrote:mods and admins will NEVER be decided by who has donated.

Mods are people who are mature, have been around, know the server rules, have never given much trouble, are on teamspeak, and own the game they're considering being a mod or admin in.
TED Beta Server Update Imager
davetazman
davetazman
Owner
Owner

Rep : 4901

Back to top Go down

Post by bono364 Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:43 am

pedo-smile What a Face
bono364
bono364