The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Epic Delve
You should probably log in if you plan on partaking in any activities!
The Epic Delve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi hi hi
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 pm by Kelseyb

» Buttz
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 pm by vsadesmond

» In the olden days
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:58 pm by vsadesmond

» Sprite pictures
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm by davetazman

» I have a bit of a confession
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:23 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic tale of a Delver
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm by bono364

» Server Down?
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 pm by lboy777

» Server Theme for November/December: CLASSIC!
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 pm by TheChrisHill

» The Epic Delve Teamspeak Server
Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am by TheChrisHill

Top posting users this week
No user

Illegal To Stream Video Games ?!

+4
Pacoyu27
lboy777
bono364
TheChrisHill
8 posters

Go down

Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! Empty Illegal To Stream Video Games ?!

Post by TheChrisHill Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 pm

That's right, if this new bill passes, nobody will be able to stream video games or post any kind of content that someone else has made.

If you're in the US, take literally ONE minute of your time, and fill in the stuff on the right.

Big business's lobbyists are launching another attack on Internet freedom. Senators are considering a "Ten Strikes" bill to make it a felony to stream copyrighted content -- like music in the background of a Youtube video -- more than ten times.

Will you urge your lawmakers to vote no? Just click here:

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ten_strikes?referring_akid=a1686683.512271.ZHLL-H&source=auto-taf

As the writers at TechDirt point out, under this bill you could go to jail for posting video of your friends singing karaoke:

"The entertainment industry is freaking out about sites that embed and stream infringing content, and want law enforcement to put people in jail over it, rather than filing civil lawsuits.... We already pointed to one possibility: that people embedding YouTube videos could face five years in jail. Now, others are pointing out that it could also put kids who lip sync to popular songs, and post the resulting videos on YouTube, in jail as well."

That's right: Ten strikes and you could get jail time. Less than a month ago, the Hollywood industry magazine, Variety, reported, "Industry lobbyists pressed House members on Wednesday to pass legislation that would make illegal streaming of movies, TV shows and other types of content a felony...."

Only a few weeks later, the MPAA is getting its wish. Stand up to those ass hats and show them they're out of line.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Rep : 6274

http://www.TheEpicDelve.com

Back to top Go down

Illegal To Stream Video Games ?! Empty Re: Illegal To Stream Video Games ?!

Post by bono364 Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:01 pm

no yogscast?
Sad
or even worse.... no chris? DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN
bono364
bono364
Addicted
Addicted

Rep : 5051

https://theepicdelve.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:37 pm

no whiteboy7thst ahhhhhhhhh Sad(((
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacoyu27 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:31 pm

I dont really understand this...

1. No posting videos of friends singing. why is that wrong/illegal? its just singing.

2. Lip sync too. What is wrong with that? Just enjoying music and stuff, I dont really understand all of this and y its illegal...

Forgive my stupidity Razz, Ill vote no anyway cause apparently if this law is passed no more chris live streams, or well yea whiteboy livestreams as well (btw lboy did see the one this afternoon?
Pacoyu27
Pacoyu27
Sponsor
Sponsor

Rep : 4823

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Do you know how long they've been trying to get copy rited stuff of you and prevent them from, but I think it's a little extreme to make it a felony, well if this does pass through be sure to visit me in jail because I'll be sure to protest against this. Smile and I seen whiteboy's stream this afternoon, he was nooby on nuketown. I went 67-17 today and my friend got a nuke that game. Mw2

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Rep : 5184

Back to top Go down

Post by Twentydragon Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:06 am

Huh. I've already got something like four strikes under this bill, with plans to make more.

Whatever happened to Fair Use?

Twentydragon
Addicted
Addicted

Rep : 5098

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:13 am

So, if it's illegally to be on videos then how come it's fine for tv and radio... Dislike the rich people only trying to get richer... facepalm

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Back to top Go down

Post by Twentydragon Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:17 am

Well, TV, radio, and movies actually do pay for their use of copyrighted stuff because they're making money off of it.

TV pays for it to put in their shows and original movies and makes money on commercials and live audiences.

Radio pays for it to use as programming and makes money on commercials.

Movies pay for it to use as background or emotional manipulation and make money off theater tickets and DVD sales.

YouTube posters don't pay for it and don't make money off it. It has nothing to do with "the rich".

Twentydragon
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:23 am

Some youtubers pay for the rights to use certain songs and video clips
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:24 am

Yeah, I know. I'm just tired, of I was awake and aware of what I just said I would of knew the answer... facepalm to my stupidity.

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:29 pm

if the bill goes through... move to the UK i dont think there are any stupid laws like that over here.....lol..... i mean how stupid is it ....you pay to buy the game and the gaming system and people produce products such as the HDPVR and other recording programs for you to be able to record and upload you stuff.... i mean governments really need to stop wasting tax payers money on stupid laws take for example Malawi in Africa trying to pass a law that means if you fart you go to jail:
or another one is Canada's law which failed was the violent video games ban for children.... I mean what a waste of money.

Sources:

Farting = Jail:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/video-antifarting-law-sparks-anger-in-malawi-2210207.html

Banning Games:
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/117/1179191p1.html
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 pm

lboy777 wrote:if the bill goes through... move to the UK i dont think there are any stupid laws like that over here.....lol...

No thanks. I like guns.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Haha the most powerfullest gun in england that you guys can shoot is a m9. When I was 9 I shot a lightmachine gun on a bipod, forgot the name. Sad but ot was SICKNASTY! I blew up propan tanks. Smile and ofc this was at a firing range, but in 2008 a 8 year old kid was shooting a Uzi, and shot himself accidental, so now the club stop the machine gun shot. Also it made national news.

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Back to top Go down

Post by lboy777 Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm

guns are people killers... good thing we dont have em here our crime rate is reasonably low.... although shooting em at a fake target is pretty fun I might have to visit the USA to do that or even better russia and go see FPS Russia play around with his AA12 and Deagle and Golden AK47 lol
lboy777
lboy777
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Twentydragon Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Actually, people are people killers. Cars are just as effective of weapons as guns are. In addition, often when the populace is armed, the crime rate actually drops because violent crimes are more likely to carry a much more swift penalty in the form of free bullets.

Twentydragon
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Manwich Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:19 pm

I know that we'll never agree on this argument lol, but I'd just like to say that guns are one of the only creations by humans that have the only practical use of killing people(or animals). I know you can say that you can do other things with guns and that things like knives can be made for killing people, but knives obviously have other uses and guns are created only to kill.
Just my addition Smile
Manwich
Manwich
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Speaking of bullets I found some random 22 rounds laying in my pant drawer... Hahaha also I've shot a 44. mag. That shit nailed me on the head cuz I didn't hold the gun tight enough haha. Besides that it's fun to just shoot at fake targets. I got a pretty good shot. I'm thinking about joining the military reserves but I'm not too positive on that idea.

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Back to top Go down

Post by Twentydragon Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:43 pm

To tie this back into the actual topic of this thread, it's pretty much all in how you use it.

In the case of guns, you can aim at things that are less vital, i.e. limbs. Even so, it should only ever be used in defense, much like martial arts.

In the case of music and video games, if you're posting these things on Teh Interwebz to show people there's awesome stuff out there, you're only ripping them off if you're getting paid for its use. If you're not, the companies are basically getting free advertisement and should view it that way.

Twentydragon
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Manwich Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:37 am

So...shoot the limbs of the companies?
Also
Notch wrote:Bill S.978
I’ve received a few emails about Bill S.978, a new bill proposed in the USA, which would make it illegal under certain circumstances to share videos of copyrighted materials over the internet. The problem is that it appears to also make it illegal to upload videos of games, such as let’s plays and speed runs. And I love watching let’s plays and speed runs.

Here’s a great video on the subject I found via Reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib7-vSrp6y8

If the bill passes, I suspect many game companies (including us) will add a special clause to the TOS specifically to allow posting videos of their games. A huge part of why Minecraft has grown so fast is the YouTube community.
Manwich
Manwich
Administrator
Administrator

Rep : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by aQuackingGoose Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 pm

I don't know if any of you listen to the PainkillerAlready podcast, but they made a pretty solid argument on there explaining the problem (what Notch said in Manny's quote)
aQuackingGoose
aQuackingGoose
Been Around The Block
Been Around The Block

Rep : 4942

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChrisHill Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:17 pm

I read up on the bill some more. And it's mainly made so that people can't stream TV shows and Movies to the web. But since the bill says "Copyrighted Material", that could also include Video Game casts. Watch the video that Manwich posted in that quote, it'll explain a lot.
TheChrisHill
TheChrisHill
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Judgejudy411 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Well for most video game companies they don't care it's free advertisment but the only company that I know that take action against video of there games would be rockstar... I'm sure more other ones do too but that's the only one that I know of.

Judgejudy411
True Delver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down